Where color meets fine, natural & exotic fiber!
We are a small farm in central Maryland, USA. We have a little collection of fiber animals including Angora and Colored Angora Goats, Llama and Alpaca. We celebrate the artistry of color and texture in all our fiber products. Enjoy!
Our products and services
- Colored Angora Breeding Stock
Avalon Springs Farm ® Mount Airy,MD
Photos from recent shows & fiber festivals.
Recent photos from our farm shop.
Our Fiber Philosophy:
Our approach to production is to find the best match for each kind of fiber and each individual fleece. Some fleeces are meant to be roving and some are meant to be yarn. Some are meant to be shown off for their natural color and others a catalyst for Karen's dye work. It means we want all our products to have wonderful quality and are especially made with you in mind.
Our Many Missions:
1. The health and welfare of all our animals.
2. The farm sustains itself and becomes a thriving family business.
3. We use a “green” approach to business – going local, recycling, kilowatt dieting.
4. Teach when we can; Enjoy when we can.
5. Art and creative expression are important.
6. Our customers relish our products and come back again!